Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hmmm...

I just realized that we haven't downloaded the pictures from getting the tree or the ones from Mexico yet. So I guess we'll have to do that and get back to the blogging again later. I tell ya... one day life will be in order!! Oh... so you may notice that the top of the tree is all flattened out and chopped off. Well, the deal is that the tree ended up like 1 1/2 feet too tall for the house, so we had to take some off. So we did a little but, then a little more, then it got to the point that the only way the topper would fit would be to cut JUST a bit more. Problem was that with JUST a bit more, it flattened it out. Oh well, you never really look at the top of the tree anyway, you only see what's at eye level. And for me, that's not very high!! :)

We did have a great vacation to Mexico... Sam's friends down there were AMAZING!! They truly are very loving and giving. The lady that we stayed with gave up her house and stayed with her sister so that we could have the whole house to ourselves. We made some other good friends down there, too, who drove us around and showed us cool things... it was great. While we were there it was my birthday and they threw me a great party! They bought a sheep and cooked the WHOLE thing (well, except the skin of course), including all the guts and brains. I didn't eat any of that part, yuck!! They got me a yummy cake and sang me a bunch of songs and cheers in Spanish, then sang Happy Birthday in English!! It was really fun. I got some yummy recipes and tried them out at home. I should have taken pictures (I put it all in my Mexican pottery to serve it). We had a Mexican dinner party and everyone was impressed. I think I found a new way to do tacos from now on!! :)

No comments: